This is a post of reaction. This is a post of looking at the energies that have been floating around, and sorting through the feelings of the last several weeks. There’s been a lot of energy floating around, and I can feel the transition happening within me – winter to spring, last eclipse season to this eclipse season, lots of things moving and shaking.
I’ve been feeling a lot of big emotions. Emotions about things I left behind last season. Emotions about what’s coming next. Feeling both gratitude for what I’ve been offered, and worry for what hasn’t been settled yet. I’ve got lots of work to do, and I’ve come a long way.
This eclipse season has almost felt like a sort of limbo – between the old and the new, taking time to recuperate before the next leg of the journey begins.
This is one of the first Big Deal things in the stars this year. But what does it really mean? And what does it mean to you?
There will be four eclipses in 2016. The first one happened on March 9 – a solar eclipse that was visible in the Southern Hemisphere up through the Pacific. The solar eclipse also happened to fall on a new moon. The next one will be on March 23, a full moon.
The influence of this eclipse season extends out for another 6 months. Basically, the idea behind this is that as the astronomical bodies move through the sky, it takes time for some of these influences to be felt fully, and once they are that energy reverberates until it is outshone by another energy. This season is also influenced by the Vernal Equinox – depending on where you are, it was either yesterday (3/19) or today (3/20). Coincidentally, this is also the weekend that Pisces changed to Aries, sparking a new astrological cycle (Pisces is at the end of the Zodiac, Aries at the beginning).
So – what does that mean?
LOTS of new things! A fresh start! Spring equinox + new astrological year + eclipses? There’s a lot of energy floating around, and it looks like energies at the beginning.
Because the first eclipse was in Pisces, it was all about water – all about washing away the pain of something, all about letting go and moving on. I know that I’ve been feeling some intense emotions, feeling a lot around the losses of the last six months, feeling a lot of energy but grief, and needing even more time to myself to process than usual. Be gentle to yourselves.
This second eclipse happens right after the sun has entered Aries – an extremely driven fire sign and the first sign in the next phase of the zodiac. This already speaks to a powerful beginning to the next phase, given the close proximity to the equinox and the changing seasons, you’re probably already feeling this energy.
If you want to harness the power of this eclipse season, think about things to let go and what kind of creative energy you want to bring into your life. Personally, this feels very career-oriented: my studies and career are on fire, and I need to preserve my inner energy to make sure I can make it through and harness the power of this season.
Some ways to honor the season:
- Plant something! This is a season of growth – find some soil and an herb or flower you love and plant it.
- Make some healing tea. Tea can be lovely for both healing and meditation, so grab those herbs and make yourself a brew. There are a ton of great ideas out there, but check out this post from Autostraddle for simple teas, the Kitchen Wiccan for a huge directory of teas for every ailment, or grab some inspiration from Paige Z Tarot and Tea.
- Take a walk in the woods. Look for buds. Look for flowers. Listen for the birds singing. Connect with the earth.
- Light a bonfire. Dance. Ignite your passions.
- Do a tarot reading, throw down some runes, read your tea leaves – now is a powerful time for divination for the next six months. Use these tools to help plan for the season.
- Relax. Repeat to yourself: it will all be fine.
- Rejoice! Celebrate all you’ve done to get where you are now, and all you plan to do in the near future!
Good luck with your own goals, star-friends! Keep your inner fire alive!